I believe education is very important if not essential but I beleive many people including myself is hiding in school instead of taking big risk in life and follow their dreams. The positives out weighs negative when come to going to college but many times we hear those story of those people who commit themselves one hundred percent in chasing their dreams. I like learning and I love knowledge but sometimes I do get bored sitting in a classroom and I just keep toughing it out because it is supose to be good for me. I will definitley stick to pursuing a degree because I like to finish commitments that I started. But I wonder sometimes, what will I hide behind after I receive that deploma? What will I hide behind when I graduate from college?
Will I go through the motions of creating a resume, going to job interviews and then sit in a cubicle eight nine hours of the day depressed and not satisfy. Will I justify a career in the same manner I justify school? Then another question arises, should a person be in a place where there heart is not in it completely? Should they just keep going because they don't know what they want to do or should they put in all their effort in trying to figure out their passion.
Like I said I like learning and the skills that I have acquired so far in school is helpfull but I wonder if I would be better off chasing dreams and goals without the back up plan that a college degree provides.
I am obviously biased, but I maintain that getting a bachelor's degree is a good choice. I know that it is not a guarantee of employment, but not having a degree can really limit your options. I would argue that not getting a bachelors degree is more likely to commit you to a life of drudgery than getting one. You should get a degree in something you enjoy, and then use that to pursue the career you want. I know that is much easier said than done, but if you focus on the big picture, I do think getting a degree is the right choice.
ReplyDelete